Sunday 29 March 2009

Michelle Obama in Brixton!?

So, I'm on the bus this morning going through Brixton. It's sunday and of course, there are a lot of people going to Church. Mainly women and freshly cane-rowed little girls with tight faces and obedient walks.
I double take a few times, I haven't slept, so it takes me a few minutes to align my cherries before I hit the jackpot ... DING! DING! DING! ... MICHELLE OBAMA! EVERYWHERE! WTF? AMAZING!
Yes, it seems she has influenced the beautiful ladies of the black community in Brixton and it's really increadible.
The absolutely fantastic thing about Michelle's style (whether it's her own or dictated, I don't care, because she carries the look off with aplomb) is that it is TIMELESS and relatively AGELESS. The same cannot be said, really, of many influencial black women in the last 20 years or so. It's not their fault and it's not a bad thing ... it's just such a ridiculously brilliant gift that not only do we have Barack Obama as the President of the US, but, BONUS, we've got Michelle and she is totally awesome.
There's something in her glorious eyes that, simultaneously, tells you and dirty joke and teaches you how to use your knife and fork in the propper manner. Her regal stance and obvious great rhythm deliver a confident stride and her make-up ... well, it's even, contoured, enhancing and striking. Clean and fresh, but with a hint of drama which is very alluring and powerful. Michelle plays with those magical eyes of hers and frames them with her almost wicked eyebrows. They have now become quite Iconic on their own, those brows. So much so that I reckon if I saw a silhouette of those eyebrows in a gameshow - I would recognise them as belonging to Mrs O ... and win the prize.
Apparently, the name Michelle means 'Who is like God?' - yes, with a question mark at the end and the more I say it out loud, the more I sound Australian.
Back to Michelle. So, maybe she's not like God (?), but I definitely think she's a modern day Goddess. For sure. She's taken the best parts of past decades and modern times in fashion and beauty and it works like a charm influentialy. I proudly put her up there on my 'I AM Looking Forward To Getting Older' list along wth Halle Berry, Demi Moore and Lisa Bonet.

Michelle - Brixton salutes you and so do I.


No comments:

Post a Comment