Tuesday 31 March 2009

Catamenia with Class




MOXIE was first developed and first launched in Australia in 2006 by Mia Klistas and her business partners , Jeff Gore and Natalie Koenen who call themselves Millie & More.


With Moxie, they launched tampons, panty liners and pads in the most gorgeous crush-proof tins that look absolutely stunning in your bag, bathroom, dressing table ... In fact you could put them anywhere and they would be acceptable. It feels a bit silly putting 'acceptable' but tampons aren't very nice gathering dust, fluff, tabacco, old gum and pen ink in the bottom of your bag.


We've all had that moment where we are caught empty handed at that point in the month and have a good dig around the bottom of the handbag. 'There's one! Thank GAAAD! Oh ... actually ... (on closer inspection) can I really use that?? It's a bit ... daggy. And the... er... wrapper's a bit undone ... hmmm ... toss a coin?'






Yeah. Whatever you do do in the end I suppose depends on how desperate your situation is, but it is now possible to skip that with a little forward planning.


Of course, you can always keep them in a little zip-up bag (you may already do that), but the Moxie tins are really very classic looking. Not over-the-top sickly girly, but obviously very feminine. Also, the shape of them isn't a direct lead to what the contents might be, which is refreshing. They look great in the bathroom, dressing table, guest loo ...


They're really affordable too. Around £2 a set and you get two tins in a set. They make a really sweet gift for a very close friend ... guaranteed to make someone smile, especially when handed over with a nice bar of chocolate and a bumper pack of Neurofen Liqui-Gel caps!!!







When I was in my early teens, my friend Jazz came back to school, from the holidays, with ' Vinnie's Tampon Case'. She had been in L.A. staying with her grandfather and whipped this very American, 50's looking velcro case, with a very characature drawing of a slightly odd boy called Vinnie which pretty much shouted out 'I'VE GOT MY PERIOD! AND I USE TAMPONS!'. However, it made me smile and laugh and most of all, it made me want one. Desperately. I had Tampon Case Envy (which will, from here-on in, be referred to as TCE).


She drawled 'Yeaah, sorrrry, I got it in L.A.', when I asked where, on God's sweet Earth, could I buy one. DAMMNITTTT!

On closer inspection of 'Vinnie's Tampon Case', my TCE got worse. It came with 'Vinnie's Handy Period Chart'! I was drooling by this point, heart beating fast as my eyes took in this very fun and organised chart to fill in! I immediately fantasised about filling in the chart with my fluffy-ended biro that was an exact replica of the ones used in Clueless. 'Hmm ...' I remember thinking 'Maybe I'll get one in red to match the case.'


The Chart encourages you to 'Know Your Flow' and there's even a section where you can fill in the Period's of your pal's!! I remember thinking how exciting having my period was going to be once I got my mitts on the case and how I needed to be the only other person in school who owned one.




Another friend, Emma, came into the room, "Oh, is that Vinnie's Tampon Case? Ha ha ... How cool is that? I got one in America last year."

TCE. Period.



www.moxieproducts.co.uk/uk/ - Available at Superdrug

www.tamponcase.com/ - Available at Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment